Sunday, October 9, 2011

Half Century and Gratitude

Finally, Geoffrey Boycott's record of slowest fifty stands broken, by yours truly.

No I don't mean scoring 50 in a cricket match. That way I pace my innings well. But this is my 50th! It took 2.5 years to get here.

I really didn't know what to write here. And then I felt happy I am in this dilemma.

Its time I offer you my dear reader my humble gratitude.

To all my school and college friends, to all the strangers from around the world,(my google stats say max readers are from USA followed by India!), buddies of my blogOholic friends and My BlogOholic friends.

You guys rock my world, and are a stigmata to my writings. Even when I don't have anything to post about, just the yearning to live up to the challenge pushes me on, and POP comes up the topic and the keypad punches on.

Ofcourse more than anyone my gratitude goes to Capt. Purvesh for including me in.

I have come to meet such a colourful set of people.

Purvesh and Supriya, I still gotta catch up after ur second post. Maafi! I will do that today.

Nikhil claims this is his first adventure in typing beyond 140 characters- I am surprised. There is such ease in his flow of words, and the drama his words create leave you smirking for a good amount of time.

Monika keeps it simple and straight and sketches out her daily life in a zippy and peppy way. Must read - her son Ojhas' tales on another blog exclusive on him.

Tanu Anand - she is like a rock star of words. Whether its a past memory, or abt her lill sister or Gandhiji, she tunes you into her thoughts without much elaboration needed.

Meghna- the Classic Blogger, give her any topic and she flows like Sachin in his ODI double century. She blogged on NOTHING as a topic. Like I commented on her post, Tujh me Rabb dikhta hain! After him only you can make something out of nothing.

Shweta- my blogger soul mate. I connect with her posts in no time. Her opinions on the society instantly agree to me. And her first attempt at fiction was a gripping short narrative borne out of factual incidents and situation. Some of her posts have put me into introspective.

My gratitude also goes out to Sudisha, Suchandra, Avya, Adnan, Agneesh,Prachi, Krishna for their constant encouragement to keep writing.

My buddy blogger since a long time - Suchita Vaidya - there's a Joy-de-vivre in her posts, whether it be talking about a pleasant incident or a irritating(tht sonam kapoor movie). The spark in her eyes surcharges her words, I only wish time would grave her to write more often.

My special thanks to all those whom I have not mentioned.

--------------- Thank You-------------------

8 comments:

Purvesh Gada said...

Hey buddy, its a pleasure blogging with you! :) Cheers!

Tanu Anand said...

awwww! *wipes tears* I think i will cut out what you said for me, laminate and keep it. Coz thats the best compliment on my writing..ever! haha! Really.. Congratulations on 50 not out.. ;) and thank you for such amazing words.. for everyone indeed.

M said...

am touched!!! really!!! this is soooo sweet.... I've never had people saying such wonderful things about my writing before...Thanks a ton buddy... its a pleasure blogging with you !!!

Nikhil said...

Ha ha... May you get to fastest century and will by God's grace. Thanks for kind words.

Anonymous said...

Yes yes come by fast :)

Unknown said...

Cheers to Blog-o-holics!!

Monika said...

cheers :)

Suchita said...

awww... yes we do go back a long way in blog-o-sphere! N its been a pleasant journey of appreciation n constructive criticism :)
So glad ur back to blogging frequently now! Goodluck!