Friday, August 24, 2012

Where is the change?

I am yet another tired citizen.

The daily job takes a toll on all the brain cells and there is nothing left to ponder on so many issues.

I want to switch off at the end of day's work. So boot up my laptop (yet again, after being tired of staring at it at work day) to watch some sitcoms and go to sleep.

There was a time I was hoping and wishing for the classic Cap'n Jack Sparrow Adventure in my life.

Instead I am just living in the Work, Eat, token enjoy and sleep life. There is a lot of fun and moments of happiness involved.

Why do I still find it incomplete? Am I not Happy enough?

I am Happy. In this world, happiness is a negotiated commodity. You just cant sit and wait for it to drop. You have to face a whole range of related or unrelated challenges and then you get it.

But my heart yearns for more.

Particularly my heart sings out loud reading the newspapers. 90% of the stuff published in a daily is unrelated and un-required bunch of bad news. And certain media houses, I've even been able to read through their lines and agenda behind publishing a certain news.

The remaining 10% of the issues ranging from corruption to leadership to disgusting economics stimulate a hearty reaction.

The national deficit adds on to the challenges of the present age. While I mourn the indecesion paralysis of the leaders of the nation, my own life is marred by a reflection of the same state.

And the romantic within me - cries out like Ted Mosby from HIMYM, save that - not even random hookups. Those who know me well, know that periodically i've also had some great and some wierd crushes(puppy love etc. etc.) even that is FROZEN.

I am doing great in the professional life. I know I am cribbing out here. But honestly I only want to express one thing - I want more.

This is just an expression of interest. The umpteenth declaration of Rising high, rising out of my mediocrity. Done so many such declarations, but hardly anything has come out of it.


But I just look down and see that I am 23 and have done nothing which I would put on a plaque and be proud and humbled of doing. Its difficult to untangle myself from the suffer-pleasure paradox.

but just like I got the strength to push past the mediocrity and finally write a post again, I will pray to the same source to push me further.

Let me be a valuable asset to my society and make a difference - to myself, my family, my community and my country.

I am, and will be, the change I want to see.

No comments: